Medical Technologists perform laboratory testing on clinical specimens and provide accurate laboratory test data to appropriate clinical personnel in order to assist them in making informed medical decisions. Candidates must have basic abilities in operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting the laboratory equipment which produces this test data.
- Accurately and precisely perform laboratory tests and maintain the integrity of samples throughout the process.
- Notify appropriate clinical personnel in the event of critical or life-threatening results.
- Maintain records and documentation in order to adhere to regulations set forth by regulatory agencies such as JACHO, CAP, Medicare, Medicaid and Elliot Hospital Laboratory policies and procedures.
- Resolve and document procedural problems encountered in the daily workload.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Possess good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and co-workers.
- A working knowledge of computers
- Basic troubleshooting skills
- Experience in phlebotomy and specimen collection
Education, Experience & Licensure:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology, Biology, Science or related field OR an equivalent combination of experience and education required.
- Experience: One-year experience as a Medical Technologist preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: Certification as an MT or MLS preferred.